[oe] AUTOREV and SRCPV

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sun Jun 6 21:00:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 12:36 +0200, pieterg wrote:
> Now I get a nice
> 1.0+git7348+5276f059461b6e9015e46a01b1cabfc42dfa600f
> PKGV, which is the same in both stable/unstable situations, assuming
> the 'stable' rev is the latest rev.
> And it is of course the same on all buildservers, and doesn't depend on
> what's in the cache.
>
> And best of all, no more need for BB_LOCALCOUNT_OVERRIDE nor
> BB_GIT_CLONE_FOR_SRCREV, so no more lengthy bb parse sessions.

Yup, that looks good.

In the longer term I guess it would be nice to make this less
git-specific.  But, as you observe, that would mean either copying a lot
of code from bitbake or waiting for a new bitbake release which exposes
the necessary functionality.  And, in any case, the majority of projects
use only a single SCM which doesn't change very often, so I guess there
will not be too much of an issue in practice.

Thanks for your work, anyway.  I'll go ahead and check this in unless
somebody has an objection.

p.