[oe] autologin recipe for gumstix Overo

Graham Gower graham.gower at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 23:40:20 UTC 2010

On 6 June 2010 15:52, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Ash,
>
> On Jun 6, 2010, at 9:31 AM, Ash Charles wrote:
>
>> Does the image do the autologin the second time you boot it?
>
> Yes, it does, no problems there.
>
> The post init stuff is supposed to modify the inittab file, but it didn't.
>
> I manually edited the /etc/inittab file after I discovered that the bitbake rootfs process for omap3-console-image with the autologin recipe added, did not modify the inittab file.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elvis Dowson

The preinst/postinst/prerm/postrm scripts belonging to a package will
be skipped by opkg during image creation as this step uses an offline
root (the -o flag to opkg). These scripts will be run if the package
is installed/removed directly on the target system. Perhaps in this
case, you also need to use ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND?

-Graham