[oe] STAGING_KERNEL_DIR

Andrew Tverdohlebov fat031c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:36:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am developing a recipe for a code that needs to obtain kernel
configuration parameters
in order to compile correctly.

According to the manual there is a variable STAGING_KERNEL_DIR that is
supposed to point to the kernel staging dir.
In my case it points to staging/mips-linux where I don't see '.config' file.
The '.config' file is located in staging/xls4lte-linux (xls4lte - is a
name assigned to MACHINE in local.conf)

My question: - what is a correct way to refer to a directory where
kerenel's config file is located.

The second question is - what is a point in several directories in staging dir ?

In my case I have:
i686-linux
i686-linux-sdk
mips-linux
xls4lte-linux

I thought that this might be a property of my distro and checked
angstrom for beagleboard and saw the same picture there:

while working on my custom linux distro based on openembedded if noticed.
armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
armv7a-linux
beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
i686-linux

In both cases at least two separate dirs are created in staging. One
${MACHINE}-linux and another ${TARGET-ARCH}-linux.  What are they for
?
And how to properly refer to staging/${MACHINE}-linux ?

Any help will be hugely appreciated.
Andrew