[oe] comedi / angstrom

superaorta at gmail.com superaorta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:02:34 UTC 2010

> GPIO. Comedi consists of 2 parts:
>
> 1) Kernel drivers - which seem to be in the staging directory of the
> kernel tree, so can be enabled via a custom defconfig. This would need
> adding to OEs metadata, but is fairly simple. First you need to know
> which kernel is being built for your machine, assuming your machine is
> "foo" and OE is building the stock 2.6.32 kernel (I think you can check
> by running 'opkg list | grep "kernel -" ' on your board), then add your
> edited defconfig as
> "openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-2.6.32/foo/defconfig". The config
> currently used is probably here already, so that just needs to be modified.
>
> 2) Userspace libraries - I have a bitbake file for version 0.8.1 that I
> hadn't got around to pushing yet (didn't think there would be any
> interest either). I'll push that in a minute. You will either need to
> add it to the bitbake image you want to build or you can add it and it's
> dependencies at run time using the package manager (opkg).
>
> Clean the kernel and (I think) task-base and rebuild your image.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Martyn

Martyn,

thanks - this looks promising but I think there is an added complication - I
am running 2.6.29 on the board and I think the comedi drivers were moved to
kernel staging after this time.

opkg list |grep "kernel -"
kernel - 2.6.29-r46.1 - Linux kernel for OMAP processors

To be honest I think I am out of my depth on this and very short of time- I
have had the BB running a stock system for a long while and haven't touched
this, the git / bitbake system I setup yesterday on my linux box doesn't seem
to match it and I haven't a clue what I am doing with it.

I think I'm going to try the ubuntu bb install, I understand debian etc a bit
better and I think comedi is ready packaged for unbuntu...

Thanks for your help,

SA