[oe] [RFC] add ubuntu patch which adds atomic builtin support to gcc 4.3.[3 but also other microversions]

Robert Schuster thebohemian at gmx.net
Wed Jun 16 10:57:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 16.06.2010 11:49, schrieb Koen Kooi:
> On 16-06-10 11:17, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Hello.
>
> > On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 10:42, Koen Kooi wrote:
> >>
> >> My second question: When is all that openjdk stuff you keep talking
> >> about ending up in OE? I know Henning keeps handwaving about it not
> >> being ready, but after after waiting a year, is it ever going to be
> >> deemed ready by the jalimo crew? Just merge it into OE now :)
>
> > I can't speak for the jalimo crew but I can tell you that Tarent is
> currently
> > hired by BugLabs to bring in openjdk-6 and different other things to
> OE dev and
> > stable for our upcoming BugLabs stuff.
>
> > It seems to me that Robert is right now trying to bring in all the
> needed deps
> > for some parts. Talking LLVM, and therefor this patch, for JIT and
> others. If
> > nothing problematics happens we should have this stuff in dev (and
> hopefully
> > also stable) withing the next weeks.
>
> That's great news! I did beat nss from the jalimo repo into shape and
> pushed it into OE,
Cool, I also saw that nspr is in oe.dev nowadays. So I removed those
from the Jalimo repo.

> but I couldn't get any other java bits to work,
There is only jna and the openjdk recipes left. JNA builds but I have
not a single application/library
that makes use of it by now so I cannot tell whether it actually works.
(It uses libffi, so I do not expect issues).

The biggest flaw of the OpenJDK recipes atm is that there are too many
of them. I would like to get rid of everything below 6b18 (the very latest)
to in turn get rid of many quirks for older versions of the icedtea
build system. However we are having troubles building 6b18 flawlessly
right now, so fixing this has precedence.

> sadly. Henning said I was missing the magic java incantations in
> angstrom and after adding those I could build things like jamvm :)
I am not sure what the problem is. Most Java stuff is in OE.dev for
quite some time.

> regards,
>
> Koen

Besuchen Sie uns vom 09.06. bis zum 12.06. auf dem LinuxTag 2010
an unserem Stand „Fairtrade Software“ (Halle 7.2a. / Stand 123)!
⇒ Unsere Themen dieses Jahr ⇒ • Evolvis • Freedroidz • Portale •
• Identity and Access Management • Mobile Applikationen •

tarent Gesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung und IT-Beratung mbH
Geschäftsführer: Boris Esser, Elmar Geese
HRB AG Bonn 5168 - Ust-ID: DE122264941
http://www.tarent.com/

Heilsbachstr. 24, 53123 Bonn, fon +49 228 52675-0, fax +49 228 52675-25
Weigandufer 45, 12059 Berlin, fon +49 30 5682943-30, fax +49 228 52675-25