[oe] -dbg packages

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:51:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM, C Michael Sundius <msundius at sundius.com> wrote:
> How can I prevent all ${PN}-dbg packages from being added to my image?
>
> does DISTRO_TYPE = "debug" force all debug symbols to be added to RDEPENDS?
> I don't see anywhere where that is done, but I might be missing something.
>
> our team has the DISTRO_TYPE = "debug" turned on because the release version
> does not build, but the entire build too big to fit in our flash if all the

what fails for you which block the release build ?
DISTRO_TYPE debug adds a few extra packages to
the image which are useful for debugging.

its DEBUG_BUILD if set to 1 will choose a different set
of optimizations and options to help debugging code.
and it will also increase the image size if you package
-dbg together.