[oe] Building Angstrom for Beagleboard

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:58:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build Angstrom from scratch for the BeagleBoard.
>
> Now, I've already faced a lot of issues , local as well as related to the
> build and managed to go past various stages in multiple attempt :-)
>
> Currently, I am bitbaking nano and I see that more than 7 GB space is being
> utilised and its been over an hour and the build  is still going on.

angstrom uses -ggdb3 option to emit most possible debug information.
This will increase the
disk consumption and also time to compile. you could lower the amount
of debug info level
in distro/include/angstrom-<libc>.inc
where you should modify FULL_OPTIMIZATION and BUILD_OPTIMIZATION to
use -g instead of
-ggdb3

-Khem