[oe] Network card not detected

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at ge.com
Mon Jun 21 08:29:46 UTC 2010

Chris Tapp wrote:
>> So you can add net-tools (and it's dependencies) to your
>> minimal-image, or to make life a little easier on yourself, use a more
>> complete image, something like console-image which should contain
>> everything you need to light up your Ethernet  port.
>
> Thanks - I've had a console-image build running for the past few hours
> - should soon be able to see what this does ;-)
>
>> Also, this discussion might be more appropriate on the
>> openembedded-users@ list.
>
> From looking at the
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Mailing_lists wiki page I
> thought this list was no longer available as there's no 'subscribe'
> link. I'll have a go and see if I can register as I agree my questions
> are really 'user' related at this time.

That was indeed the plan:

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-users/2009-February/000969.html

Even before this, there were many people asking questions on
openembedded-users that either got bad, miss-leading or no answers
because of a lack of experienced / knowledgeable people on that list. I
don't think that the community around OE has grow/matured enough to make
resurrecting that list a good idea.

Martyn

--
Martyn Welch (Principal Software Engineer)   |   Registered in England and
GE Intelligent Platforms                     |   Wales (3828642) at 100