[oe] introducing a new architecture/machine; policy ? (and a question)

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Jun 23 10:07:18 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 12:03 PM, Graeme Gregory wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:54:21 +0200
> Frans Meulenbroeks<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Why not, chances are Angstrom maintainers would be quite happy for
>>> you to patch angstrom*.conf if you ask us.
>>>
>>> Graeme
>>
>> distribution != angstrom
>> There are more distributions out there.

Right now, toolchain selection is done in distro files not machine
files. I agree this is not the clearest approach, however adding the
toolchain selection to the machine files may have unexpected side effects.

I would ask DISTRO maintainers to add the needed overrides, and explore
alternative methods as a separate effort.

Philip