[oe] Errors in booting from NAND Flash

saleh usman salehusman at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:28:19 UTC 2010

I've built a root file system for dm6446 using openembedded console-image and  flashed it into NAND flash.  When it is booted it shows error messages which are shown below in terminal log. Kindly tell me what is the reason of these errors and how to remove it?

Saleh

Chip initialization passed!
TI UBL Version: 1.31
Booting Catalog Boot Loader
BootMode = NAND
Starting NAND Copy...
Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000006.
   DONE
Jumping to entry point at 0x81080000.

U-Boot 2009.06-rc2 (Oct 15 2009 - 10:32:33)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  256 MB
NAND:  256 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
ARM Clock: 297MHz
DDR Clock: 162MHz
Read from EEPROM @ 0x50 failed
Ethernet PHY: GENERIC @ 0x1f
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.32-rc2-davinci1
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1628224 Bytes =  1.6 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.32-rc2-davinci1
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1628224 Bytes =  1.6 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux.............................................................
Linux version 2.6.32-rc2-davinci1 (root at localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 4.29
CPU: ARM926EJ-S [41069265] revision 5 (ARMv5TEJ), cr=00053177
CPU: VIVT data cache, VIVT instruction cache
Machine: DaVinci DM644x EVM
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
DaVinci dm6446a variant 0x1
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 30480
Kernel command line: mem=120M noinitrd console=ttyS0,115200n8 r root=/dev/mt-
dblock2 root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2
PID hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Memory: 120MB = 120MB total
Memory: 118172KB available (3012K code, 313K data, 128K init, 0K highmem)
SLUB: Genslabs=11, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
Hierarchical RCU implementation.
NR_IRQS:245
Console: colour dummy device 80x30
Calibrating delay loop... 147.86 BogoMIPS (lpj=739328)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
DaVinci: 71 gpio irqs
NET: Registered protocol family 16
MUX: Setting register HPIEN_DISABLE
           PINMUX0 (0x00000000) = 0x80000c1f -> 0x80000c1f
MUX: Setting register ATAEN_DISABLE
           PINMUX0 (0x00000000) = 0x80000c1f -> 0x80000c1f
MUX: initialized MCBSP
MUX: Setting register MCBSP
           PINMUX1 (0x00000004) = 0x00000081 -> 0x00000481
bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
pcf857x: probe of 1-0038 failed with error -121
pcf857x: probe of 1-0039 failed with error -121
pcf857x: probe of 1-003a failed with error -121
Switching to clocksource timer0_1
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
TCP reno registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) (SUMMARY)  �© 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
msgmni has been set to 231
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler anticipatory registered (default)
Setting Up Clocks for DM420 OSD
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 90x30
fb0: dm_osd0_fb frame buffer device
fb1: dm_vid0_fb frame buffer device
fb2: dm_osd1_fb frame buffer device
fb3: dm_vid1_fb frame buffer device
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 3 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x1c20000 (irq = 40) is a 16550A
console [ttyS0] enabled
serial8250 serial8250.0: unable to register port at index 1 (IO0 MEM1c20400 IRQ2
serial8250 serial8250.0: unable to register port at index 2 (IO0 MEM1c20800 IRQ2
brd: module loaded
at24 1-0050: 32768 byte 24c256 EEPROM (writable)
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xaa (Micron NAND 256MiB 1,8V 8-bi)
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "davinci_nand.0":
0x000000000000-0x000000060000 : "bootloader"
0x000000060000-0x000000460000 : "kernel"
0x000000460000-0x000010000000 : "filesystem"
davinci_nand davinci_nand.0: controller rev. 2.1
console [netcon0] enabled
netconsole: network logging started
i2c /dev entries driver
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Clocks: disable unused uart1
Clocks: disable unused uart2
Clocks: disable unused emac
Clocks: disable unused ide
Clocks: disable unused asp0
Clocks: disable unused mmcsd
Clocks: disable unused spi
Clocks: disable unused usb
Clocks: disable unused vlynq
Clocks: disable unused pwm0
Clocks: disable unused pwm1
Clocks: disable unused pwm2
Clocks: disable unused timer1
davinci_emac_probe: using random MAC addr: 0a:f2:e8:4d:c7:63
emac-mii: probed
Empty flash at 0x012ebb68 ends at 0x012ec000
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "udev" (ino #524) of dir ink
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "modules" (ino #523) of dirk
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "2.6.32-rc2-davinci1" (ino k
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "kernel" (ino #526) of dir k
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "net" (ino #530) of dir inok
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "nls" (ino #535) of dir inok
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "smbfs" (ino #536) of dir ik
JFFS2 notice: (1) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsyste.
VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem) on device 31:2.
Freeing init memory: 128K
INIT: version 2.86 booting
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/rcS"
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/rc"

.-------.
|       |                  .-.
|   |   |-----.-----.-----.| |   .----..-----.-----.
|       |     | __  |  ---'| '--.|  .-'|     |     |
|   |   |  |  |     |---  ||  --'|  |  |  '  | | | |
'---'---'--'--'--.  |-----''----''--'  '-----'-'-'-'
                -'  |
                '---'

The Angstrom Distribution (none) ttyS0

Angstrom 2010.4-test-20100328 (none) ttyS0

(none) login: JFFS2 notice: (820) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node .
JFFS2 error: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: Argh. Special inode #518 with e
Returned error for crccheck of ino #518. Expect badness...
JFFS2 error: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: Argh. Special inode #522 with e
Returned error for crccheck of ino #522. Expect badness...
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Eep. No valid nodes for ino #527.
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: no data nodes found for ino 7
Returned error for crccheck of ino #527. Expect badness...
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Eep. No valid nodes for ino #528.
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: no data nodes found for ino 8
Returned error for crccheck of ino #528. Expect badness...
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Eep. No valid nodes for ino #529.
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: no data nodes found for ino 9
Returned error for crccheck of ino #529. Expect badness...
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Eep. No valid nodes for ino #538.
JFFS2 warning: (820) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: no data nodes found for ino 8
Returned error for crccheck of ino #538. Expect badness...