[oe] so ... what's the proper way to report a build failure?

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Tue Jun 29 15:04:14 UTC 2010

Hi Robert,

>   given that i like to keep up with the OE dev branch and test build a
> beagleboard-demo-image as necessary, what is the *encouraged* way to
> report a new build failure?  on the OE list?  on the angstrom list?
> tinderbox?
>
>   after a "git pull" earlier this morning, "realpath-1.15" fails to build.
what
> should i do with the error diagnostics?

Pretty sure this has been suggested in the past ;-)
(http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg02
876.html) but I'll say again, setting up Tinderbox
(http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/) has to be a pretty good starting place
to collaborate on build issues.

It's really easy to setup
(http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/How_do_I_send_automatic_success_and_
failure_reports) and the classes will automatically deal with uploading of
your fail logs/build info etc. so you can refer others to it (and for that
matter, see if others are building the same packages without issue).

Regards,

John