[oe] u-boot ready initrds

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at ge.com
Tue Mar 9 16:09:27 UTC 2010

Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 08:43 +0100, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>
>> Steffen Sledz wrote:
>>
>>> Initrds need to be prepared with mkimage to be usable from u-boot.
>>> The following patch introduces an additional IMAGE_FSTYPE .cpio.gz.u-boot
>>> for this (at the moment just for hipox machine).
>>>
>>> Is this the way it should be done?
>>>
>>> Should this better become part of conf/bitbake.conf?
>>>
>> Ping
>>

> I don't know why patchwork didn't see this.  That said, mkimage -A arm
> is bad.  UBOOT_ARCH is right, and comes from kernel-arch.bbclass.  So, I
> think a full patch would need to add in changes to image.bbclass to
> inherit kernel-arch so that UBOOT_ARCH will be evaluated.
>
> And yes, this I think should be in bitbake.conf with the rest of the
> image magics

We'd like to see this as well. We have a class which we inherit to do
the same thing that I have been meaning to try and push, but this is a
much better way of doing it.

Martyn

--
Martyn Welch (Principal Software Engineer)   |   Registered in England and
GE Intelligent Platforms                     |   Wales (3828642) at 100