[oe] pointercal ignored?

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Mar 9 22:25:22 UTC 2010

I have built a custom variant of x11-gpe-image for the SAM9M10.

I am running the dev branch (1-2 weeks old)
The pointcal file generated by ts_calibrate in
seems to be reasonable, indicating that
the touchscreen is pressed (50,50) away
from all four corners.

When gpe is started, the Y direction seems to be compressed.
When I start the calculator and press at the top of the screen,
the calculator buttons 5 mm below gets pressed.
When I press at the bottom of the screen, the buttons 5 mm above
gets pressed.

Changing /etc/pointercal manually seems to have no effect

It's like pointercal gets ignored.

When others run the same kernel with minor config changes
using the stable branch ans xserver-kdrive, this phenomena
does not happen.

Any clues?

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson