[oe] [RFC][ANNOUNCE] KaeilOS Openembedded Manager (KOM)

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:14:45 UTC 2010

[RFC][ANNOUNCE] KaeilOS Openembedded Manager (KOM)

Dear OE developers,
I'd like introduce you a new product we developed at KOAN with the aim
to semplificate the management of OE [1] building tree and recipes when
using (more or less complex) overlays, creating something like an
abstraction from the underlying framework.

We called it KaeilOS Openembedded Manager (KOM for short) [2] and is a
tool designed to create and manage any OpenEmbedded based project, like
KaeilOS [3], Angstrom [4], and others.
All KOM projects are a full-fledged overlay where you can also build
your personal image or software packages.
At the same time you can override other overlay in a simple way.

Aside from personal opinions on the name KOM, Leonardo (IRC:hachreak)
and me (IRC:mckoan) would like to have your impressions on the product,
and of course we will welcome comments, criticisms and no less important
patches.

Thanks and sorry to bother you with this,

 [1] http://www.openembedded.org/
 [2] http://kom.kaeilos.com/
 [3] http://www.kaeilos.com/
 [4] http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/

Cheers
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering