[oe] Please don't remove recipes that have PREFERRED_VERSION set on them, e.g. tiff

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:51:54 UTC 2010

2010/3/15 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> conf/distro has:
>
> ../conf/distro/include/kaeilos-2009-preferred-versions.inc:49:PREFERRED_VERSION_tiff
>           = "3.8.2+4.0.0beta2"
> ../conf/distro/include/preferred-om-2009-versions.inc:25:PREFERRED_VERSION_tiff
>         = "3.8.2+4.0.0beta2"
> ../conf/distro/include/angstrom-2008-preferred-versions.inc:47:PREFERRED_VERSION_tiff
>          = "3.8.2+4.0.0beta2"
>
> And that version was removed this morning without any warning. Would
> people please stop doing that?

Several of the distro's seem to be orphaned, so this rule will cause
that we create more and more garbage to pile up.
is that desirable.

Btw, wrt this specific recipe. This was misnamed. A beta recipe is
named as last_version+new_version. The predecessor of 4.0.0 in this
case was 3.9.2 (iirc) not 3.8.2.

Frans