[oe] do_unpack

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Mar 17 15:17:10 UTC 2010

Greetings all,

The other day I threw together a proof of concept of do_unpack using the
python modules for the archives.. sadly, the performance is such that we
should likely stick to our current method, though it results in a lot of
extra dependencies.  See
http://github.com/kergoth/OpenEmbedded/commits/kergoth/unpack.  In the
process, however, I did do a bit of cleanup / reorg that I think we may want
to pull in.
http://github.com/kergoth/OpenEmbedded/commit/3def3ba3d4860983f2d8f082eb528c4b84f83b50
I think it's an improvement, though I admit that the way I pass in the
parm
and env is lame.  I wanted to avoid passing in the datastore or url
directly, limiting oe_unpack_file's knowledge to the source, destination,
and options.  Thoughts?
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com