[oe] sysklogd vs busybox

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:07:29 UTC 2010

Hi, all!

For some of my images I need to have normal syslogd/klogd instead
of ones provided by busybox. I don;t want to have special version of
busybox for these images,
but it RRECOMMENDS busybox-syslog which contains config files and init script.

A problem is that these files are incompatble with normal syslogd/klogd pair.
when I set RCONFLICTS = "busybox-syslog", sysklogd never appears in image.
How could I force it in (and busybox-syslog out) without too much changes
in complex busybox recipes (which I don't want to touch since that
could preak something
for somebody)?

All the best,
S.