[oe] FYI: SHR's opkg repository finder

Tue Mar 23 15:17:50 UTC 2010

Dear all,

you might be interested in having a look at it:

http://opkg-repo.org

which might become SHR's one stop place for finding and
rating packages. It's auto-updated daily from the Packages files,
showing you package information, versions, and a download link.

E.g. http://opkg-repo.org/opkg/abiword shows details on abiword. listing
all versions that are in our various SHR "distributions" (unstable,
testing, and --one day-- stable).

http://opkg-repo.org/sections/ shows the mess that the OE sections are
:-).

I have planned to let users rate packages, add screenshots, describe
them, etc, giving us a mix of an automatic package searching facility
and a user-rated application recommender.

Don't comment on the colors unless you are willing to fix them, I am in
the progress of moving away from the original brownish theme.

It's a django app, and the source code is here:
http://bitbucket.org/spaetz/opkgrepo/

Sebastian