[oe] BBCLASSEXTEND sdk vs. nativesdk

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Wed Mar 24 03:06:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I noticed in my attempt to convert zlib to use BBCLASSEXTEND that
sdk.bbclass has been deprecated, and that the new way is to use
nativesdk.bbclass. This is confirmed by the fact that the Poky recipe
for zlib uses:

BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"

However, if I use this in the OE recipe, bitbake no longer knows how to
build zlib-sdk. And zlib-sdk is listed in DEPENDS in a small handful of
packages.

It seems to me the correct course of action is to use nativesdk in
BBCLASSEXTEND and rename the dependencies on other recipes, yes?

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Garman