[oe] Reproducible builds (Was Re: Checksums in Bitbake)

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Mar 27 18:31:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 08:45 +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> I've seen too often (also outside OE) that two engineers take the same
> source yet still get different results, and that bugs at a customer
> site cannot be reproduced in the lab (and yes, I do know there are
> other ways to tackle this problem)
Also:
bitbake optionaldep
bitbake package
And:
bitbake package

could result in different binaries/packages due to configure picking
optionaldep in the first case and not in the second one.

Maybe we should start hardcoding --without-optionaldep for all optional
dependencies that are not in DEPENDS?

OR...maybe packaged-staging could save us from that issue?

( http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2008/07/01/packaged-staging-and-what-it-gives/ )

Denis.