[oe] native recipes use legacy staging.

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Wed Mar 31 17:10:32 UTC 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 11:32 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> On 31-03-10 02:57, C Michael Sundius wrote:
>> why does the native.bbclass force the use of legacy staging?
>>
>> also how can I override this. I tried go use create my own
>>
>> do_stage() {
>>   :
>> }
>>
>> function in my recipe, but the one in the class was still used.
>>
>> My issue is that my install function does not use make at all, nor
>> autotools
>>
>> so the do_stage_native() call [from do_stage() ] fails.
>
> Try:
>
> PR = "031110"
>
> BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
>
> SRC_URI = "file:///home/sundism/src/mkimage-tools"
>
> S = ${WORKDIR}/mkimage-tools
>
> do_compile() {
>        :
> }
>

> do_install() {
>        install  -m 0755 -d ${D}${bindir}
>        install  -m 0755 ${S}/bin/imgen ${D}${bindir}/imgen
>        install  -m 0755 -d ${D}${datadir}
>        install  -m 0755 -d ${D}${datadir}/LxLoad
>        install  -m 0644 ${S}/share/LxLoad/LxLoad2_cronus.img \
>                ${D}${datadir}/LxLoad/LxLoad2_cronus.img
> }
>
> NATIVE_INSTALL_WORKS = "1"
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

Koen,

Thanks for your help, that worked perfectly.

Also it seems as though for standard installs, the files that are
installed are split up into foo, foo-dbg, foo-devel etc. where as with
a native or a nativesdk you have no control on how much of everthing
gets installed. Is that so or is there a way to pick and choose what
gets put into the nativesdk.

Finally, for a native build, I suspect that everything that is
installed will be packaged up in the packaged staging package. whereas
for the nativesdk no packaging is done, is that right? is there a way
to make it package the sdk up in the end (short of running tar/rmp/
ipkg yourself).

thanks