[oe] Build uncompressed kernel

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:00:48 UTC 2010

Hello Dmitry,

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Dmitry Vinokurov <df6.626 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to cancel compression stage of kernel build and get
> uncompressed uImage using OE? I've measured uncompressing time (using
> stopwatch actually, so it could be +-0.1-0.2 seconds or even more) -- it's
> about 0.8-0.9 seconds, and boot time is much more critical for my system

Boot time is a combination of load time and decompression time.

Using a non-compressed kernel can increase boot time, so it's
interesting to test this properly.

Some public results show that using a fast decompression codec such as
LZO results in the smallest overall boot time on some platforms.

Your milage may vary, let us know what worked best for you, good luck,
--
Leon