[oe] Request for branch merge

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue May 4 18:55:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 19:10 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 09:46 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> > > FWIW, Poky has had some interesting commits recently that address Tom's
> > > issue above from Josh.
> >
> > Interesting.  When you killed CROSS_*, did you rework stuff so that gcc
> > & co's sysroot stuff works automatically or no?  Can't tell off-hand.
>
> What do you mean by "works automatically"?

gcc & co have certain paths that they look in by default, relative to
their location (see meta-toolchain.bb, that's not a hard-coded search,
that's a relocatable one).  The current oe.dev layout of things doesn't
fit here so we have to pass in --sysroot=... at a minimum and often have
-isystem for "legacy" reasons.

--
Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation