[oe] make explosion while building attr

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sat May 8 19:33:37 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It would be really nice to be able to rename TOPDIR in bitbake to
> > something like BB_TOPDIR, so we don't run into this problem.  Perhaps
> > it is not necessary to whitelist TOPDIR to get BB to use it -- guess I
> > need to try that as well.
>
> It looks like the TOPDIR env variable does not need to be white-listed
> in order for BB to use it, so that is the correct solution.

The issue is, all whitelisted variables get re-exported (flagged as 'export'
in the metadata).  So a variable which already exists in the metadata and is
*not* exported gets forcibly exported if you whitelist it.  I've gotten bit
by this in the past, and I suspect we'll want to revert the bitbake change
to re-export whitelisted variables.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com