[oe] problem using meta-toolchain.bb and external-toolchain-generic.bb

David MOUSSAUD d.moussaud at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:14:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to use an external toolchain with OE.
So I've build one using the recipe meta-toolchain.bb with an angstrom
distribution. I'm on the org.openembedded.dev branch (updated
recently).
I've extracted the 2 tar.gz provided in my root directory. So I have a
nice /usr/local/angstrom layout with my pre-built toochain.

Then I have changed my distro.conf file setting that 2 parameter:

# Set the toolchain type (internal, external) and brand (generic, csl etc.)
TOOLCHAIN_TYPE ?= "external"
TOOLCHAIN_BRAND ?= "generic"

I've cleaned my build/tmp directory.

Finally I've tried to build a minimalist image. Everything goes fine,
the toolchain is found by OE but it fails when it tries to create the
filesystem.
Here is the following log file : http://pastebin.com/YZmuzmtx

I can not understand what to do to tell OE how it could find the glibc !?

Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions,

Regards,
David.