[oe] Regarding customized image with Qt embedded support.

Abhishek Sharma spyzer.abhishek0 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 13:43:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Abhishek Sharma
<spyzer.abhishek0 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>wrote:

> Thanks all, the touchscreen device was /dev/event1 and the moment I did ->
> export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="Tslib:/dev/event1" and ran the app, it got going.
> I am very grateful to you all for the help.
> :)
> --
> Abhishek Sharma

Hi all.
This was my_customized_image.bb :

   1. require base-image.bb
   2. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qtehelloworld"
   3. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-fonts"
   4. IMAGE_INSTALL += "qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib"
   5. IMAGE_BASENAME = "qtehelloworld"
   6. RDEPENDS += "qte"
   7. inherit image

Now this one has a size of 64 Mb. I used base-image as a requirement to
install the basic utilities and since I had to run a qt embedded based app
on the machine I also had to include the qte runtime dependencies. Is there
any way so that the image size can be reduced??

Thanks.
--
Abhishek Sharma