[oe] Supported Python version for OE?

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Mon May 10 16:04:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

A question, (perhaps for the TSC?):

	"What's the minimum Python version we want to support in OE?"

According to the wiki we support Python 2.4 and above but I wonder if
people have any thoughts with regards to bumping it?

The reason I ask is because I had a user contact me about using Python
2.5 features (str.partition) in relocatable.bbclass, I hadn't even
noticed this and seems like not many others have but it's clearly
affecting at least one person.

I have a pretty trivial (if ugly) patch to work around this, but it
raised an interesting question so I thought I'd ask that before sending
the patch.

Cheers,
Joshua
--