[oe] [Hawkboard] OE u-boot image

Christophe Aeschlimann c.aeschlimann at acn-group.ch
Tue May 11 08:41:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

(sorry I sent that first to openembedded-users and to hawkboard google
groups but the first one seems to be abandoned and the second needs
users to be registered)

Did someone successfully booted the hawkboard through UART with the
u-boot image built with OpenEmbedded ?

I generated a minimal-image with the following conf :

MACHINE = "hawkboard"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"

This generated the approriate kernel image and jffs2 file system and
also a u-boot image :

u-boot-hawkboard-2009.08+gitr0d291f2f255e6d66a78b3dc2445362a96ae39a57-r49.bin

And I would like to boot the hawkboard through the serial port using the
TI tools (aisgen and UART boot host) and this image.

So I followed what we can see on elinux.org/hawboard as for the AIS
image generation. The hawkboard load the image (I get the BOOTME and the
tool start to upload the code, jump and close the COM port) but then
nothing happens when I open a console. (I should get the U-Boot prompt
like I do when I boot with the AIS file delivered with the hawkboard)

Any clue ?

Regards,

--
Christophe Aeschlimann