[oe] Handling different touchscreen calibration systems

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:10:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 07:17:07PM +0200, GNUtoo wrote:
> *om-gta02 has an evdev driver which requires to feed /sys nodes with
> some calibration data,the script used is an Xsession.d script that uses
> xinput-calibrator

To be a bit more exact:
om-gta02 in SHR is using calibration of kernel driver through /sys, just
because it was first working solution, then we added possibility to use
xinput-calibrator (but that's used from Xsession.d script only after user
manually starts it once - on some units it's more precise after own
calibration than with precalibrated kernel driver - no idea why)

> I had the idea of making recipes for handling int scripts or Xsession.d
> scripts,and including them in XSERVER in the machine configuration but
> I'm not shure it's a good idea.

SHR moved from xserver-kdrive-common to xserver-common, but default
stayed kdriver in task-x11. Would be great if other distros using
xserver-kdrive-common decide to join xserver-common camp and make your
changes only in one.

BTW: biggest change for switch from kdrive was to check/fix Xsession
script to never kill shell which is using them. They were launched in
new shell in kdrive and exit call was ok, but with xserver-common they
are sourced to Xsession script and calling exit stops Xorg loading.

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa