[oe] please revert 0e617baf2916269bbe02cb7b2d4eb20161c86547 - change it to MACHINE_ARCH and bump PR

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu May 13 20:03:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 21:37 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The person who committed
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=0e617baf2916269bbe02cb7b2d4eb20161c86547
> apparently didn't realize that when using machine overrides in SRC_URI
> the package automatically gets built as MACHINE_ARCH.
>
> However there is a need for a non machine specific initscript package
> for things like rescue filesystems. Currenly for 90% of our machines
> it's already a generic package.
>
> In the future please RFC changes on this mailinglist to core recipes
> like initscripts as you're supposed to.
>
> regards,
>
> Koen
Reverted.
Sorry not to have realized that it was core stuff(I reviewed all stuff I
pushed(and tested it too) but I forgot that)
Here's the issue:
<koen> it doesn't break, but it means that we have a spurious machine
specific package
<koen> so if a bug fix goes in, I need to rebuilt it for 100 machines or
so, instead of 15

Should I attach a patch for switching only the machines that overrides
some file to MACHINE_ARCH,or should we make the init scripts more
generic:
<GNUtoo> so what should be done,there are machine specific stuff in it
<koen> I suspect most of those entries are bogus

Denis.