[oe] Question: is 'gcc' supposed to replace the libstdc++.la installed by 'gcc-cross'?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon May 17 05:55:50 UTC 2010

On (17/05/10 07:44), Koen Kooi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that after doing 'bitbake gcc' the old libstdc++ gets
> replaced and the new one has:
>
> dependency_libs='
> /OE/angstrom-dev/sysroots/armv6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libstdc++.la'
>
> instead of the expected '-lm'. It now refers to itself :(

hmmm target gcc should not have staged libstdc++ if it was already staged
by gcc-cross but the problem is casued by
gcc-4.3.3-SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.patch it passed the native libdir which
is build_libdir even for target library builds using -rpath. I am currently
looking into the reason. If possible we can get rid of that patch.

The patch you committed to cross.bbclass will not be necessary

Thanks
-Khem