[oe] Problem at the very beginning

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:46:06 UTC 2010

On (18/05/10 09:03), Grzegorz Toporek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the mailing list so I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm
> new to OE/bitbake as well so please be patient...
>
> I was trying to build busybox package but unfortunately I got this error. Is
> it a type conversion problem?  I got this with "Simple Helloworld" either...
>
> What should be mentioned, there was no a problem to build this for
> angstrom-2008.1 distribution (machine om-gta01). Now I have changed it to
> colibri, which is my boar, and the problem occurred.
>
> I have attached all my .conf files to this e-mail.
>
> Please help me with this problem. Looking forward to your reply.
>
> ERROR:
>
> NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (7927/8366) [94 %]NOTE: <type
> 'exceptions.TypeError'>:unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and
> 'str' while evaluating:
>   task-x11-illume   task-fonts-truetype-core   e-wm-menu-shr   shr-wizard
> shr-theme-gry   xcursor-transparent-theme   xinput-calibrator
> libx11-locale   ${@get_rdepends(bb, d)}   e-wm-config-illume2-shr
> ERROR: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str' while parsing
> /home/grzesiek/tele/openembedded/recipes/tasks/task-shr-minimal.bb
> NOTE: Handling BitBake files: / (8366/8366) [100 %]
> NOTE: Parsing finished. 7584 cached, 453 parsed, 328 skipped, 0 masked.
> ERROR: Parsing errors found, exiting...

the python code in
/home/grzesiek/tele/openembedded/recipes/tasks/task-shr-minimal.bb

depends upon a metadata variable called LIBC and this is not set in your
distro file. This could be one of 'glibc|eglibc|uclibc" depending upon
what system library you want. In your case it seems to be glibc

So if you set

LIBC = "glibc" in your distro file then it should work.

-Khem