[oe] Does anybody try the e-image-core

daniel tian daniel.xntian at gmail.com
Fri May 21 03:06:38 UTC 2010

2010/5/19 Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 05:31:21PM +0800, daniel tian wrote:
>> Hi, guys:
>>     Now I am working on a project: porting the enlighenment on mips machine.
>>     The local.conf is configure as db1200 machine which is a mips32
>> little endian arch.
>>     I have already built a rootfs and kernel from previous
>> openembedded source code.
>>     But the startx command is not found, so I don't know how to
>> startup the enlightenment desktop, and maybe there have any others
>> packages missing in this rootfs.
>
> you can try xserver-nodm-init recipe which provides
> /etc/init.d/xserver-nodm (no idea if it's part of e-image-core).

I already built the xserver-nodm-init recipe, and the "opkg install
xserver-nodm-init_1.0-r11.5_all.ipk" runned on my board.
but errors happen, here is the message:

Installing xserver-nodm-init (1.0-r11.5) to root...
Configuring xserver-nodm-init.
 Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/xserver-nodm.
Starting Xserver
/etc/rc5.d/S05xserver-nodm: line 35: /etc/X11/Xserver: not found

it seems I still miss something else.

Any ideas?
Sorry, I am  a novice in this OE.

Thank u very much.