[oe] Angstrom distro, qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped on glibc package

Grzegorz Toporek top.grzechu at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:20:33 UTC 2010

2010/5/23 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>

> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Grzegorz Toporek <top.grzechu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > thank you for all your suggestions and help. I started to build angstrom
> > distro as you recommended.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I got this error while building glibc package:
> > qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
> >
> > I found this tread which says that gemu doesn't support iwmmxt...but how
> > deal with this? Is there a patch needed? Where to find it?
> > http://ibot.rikers.org/%23oe/20060827.html.gz
> >
> > I use tune-iwmmxt.inc file with my machine.
> >
> > Please help me with it.
> >

> I have pushed a fix to qemu recipe to .dev, if you are not using qemu
> built with OE then
> you have to use it to get this fix. IOW if you have qemu-native in your
> list of
> ASSUME_PROVIDED list then remove it from there.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Khem

Thank you very much. However it doesn't solve my problem. I still have this
error wit a few additional lines:

NOTE: generating locale es_NI (UTF-8)
Internal resource leak before 4011435c
Internal resource leak before 40114384
Internal resource leak before 40114384
Internal resource leak before 40114624
Internal resource leak before 40114624
Internal resource leak before 40114658
qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped

Maybe I didn't understand you well. I update my recipes by "git pull" and
checked if ASSUME_PROVIDED variable is not set. It wasn't...I have checked
qemu_0.12.4.bb recipe and SRC_URI contains new patch.

What do you mean "qemu built with OE"?

Sorry for my little knowledge of OE and bitbake.

Kind Regards,
Grzegorz