[oe] libglib conflict with other lib packages

daniel tian daniel.xntian at gmail.com
Tue May 25 10:35:30 UTC 2010

hi, guys:
   I wanna port ebook reader "fbreader" from OpenEmbedded to poky,
but when installing fbreader package(in my board), several packages
missed. So I copy the libgio-2.0-0, libgobject, libgthread ipk files
to my board. But there are some files has already installed by
libglib. The install processing is not allowed. When i write
--force-overwrite, the rootfs can not be bring up again.
  Here is the error message when install libgthread:

Installing libgthread-2.0-0 (2.24.0-r4.5) to root...
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libgthread-2.0-0 wants to install
file /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0
       But that file is already provided by package  *
check_data_file_clashes: libglib-2.0-0
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libgthread-2.0-0.

I just wonder whether somebody has already ported the fbreader to
poky, or it is conflicted with other packages, so it's forbidding
area.

Please give some advice, anything is appreciated.
thank you very much.
                                                               daniel