[oe] Problems building Angstrom images

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 27 11:14:10 UTC 2010

A number of images in the current tree (8bb53d3f261c59353652f0328bfd887d6aa1c112)
won't build, yielding errors like these:

| log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot satisfy the following dependencies]
| Collected errors:
|  * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/tmp/rootfs/beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image/etc/device_table is different from the conffile in the new
package. The new conffile will be placed at /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/tmp/rootfs/b * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for angstrom-task-gnome:
|  *    encodings *     encodings *     encodings *

NOTE: package beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed

To be clear, I'm building
   MACHINE="beagleboard"
   DISTRO="angstrom-2008.1"

I got these errors when I tried to build:
   beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image
   angstrom-gnome-image

I have success with
   beagleboard-demo-image

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

n.b. yes, this is a cross post from the Angstrom list, but my
query sat there for a day with no reply and I'm hoping for some
help from the larger OE crew