[oe] <package>-static name conflict with some recipes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri May 28 05:27:20 UTC 2010

Hi

I have seen that we have parallel recipes for some applications for static
build
called package-static.bb like below

./dialog/dialog-static_1.1-20080819.bb
./busybox/busybox-static_1.2.1.bb
./busybox/busybox-static_1.11.3.bb
./kexec-tools/kexec-tools-klibc-static_1.101.bb
./kexec-tools/kexec-tools-klibc-static_2.0.1.bb
./zaurus-utils/nandlogical-klibc-static_1.0.0.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.15+1.5.16.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.18.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.15.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.17.bb
./skype/skype-static_2.0.0.72.bb
./udev/udev-static-devices.bb
./udev/udev-static_124.bb

Now they conflict with the automatic package that we generate to bundle
static libraries. Since the the packages which bundle static libraries
are essentially development packages may be they should be called

<package>-dev-static instead of <package>-static

IMO that will avoid the conflict and also clarify the package content
a bit

Thoughts?

-Khem