[oe] <package>-static name conflict with some recipes

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Fri May 28 07:44:21 UTC 2010

>><package>-dev-static instead of <package>-static
>>IMO that will avoid the conflict and also clarify the package content a bit

These at least won't give any build problem (tested, there is no
$PN-*). Absolutely not -dev, just compiled aganst klibc statically.

./kexec-tools/kexec-tools-klibc-static_1.101.bb
./kexec-tools/kexec-tools-klibc-static_2.0.1.bb
./zaurus-utils/nandlogical-klibc-static_1.0.0.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.15+1.5.16.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.18.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.15.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.bb
./klibc/klibc-utils-static_1.5.17.bb

AFAIK there is no way to understand if e.g. kexec-static is built
against klibc or *libc...
Do you mean rename the package e.g. kexec-tools-klibc and only package
the -static bits?

These instead will surely give headhaches...

./dialog/dialog-static_1.1-20080819.bb
./busybox/busybox-static_1.2.1.bb
./busybox/busybox-static_1.11.3.bb

./skype/skype-static_2.0.0.72.bb
./udev/udev-static-devices.bb
./udev/udev-static_124.bb

I experienced strange tasks commistion building udev-static:
do_install task was taken from udev!
Renaming to udev-compat-static fixed the things. WIP.

Regards

Andrea