[oe] BBCLASSEXTEND canadian?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:37:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 08:16:21PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 10:21 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
>> > BBCLASSEXTEND covers -native and -nativesdk
>>
>> Is the -nativesdk part implicit in the anonfuncs in nativesdk.bbclass or
>> just not merged yet?
>
>It should be implicit in the anonfuncs. If that class differs to Poky,
>the Poky changes should be merged though.
>
>> > The -cross, -crosssdk, -canadian-cross and other combinations usually
>> > have too many differences to be worth the effort although it would be
>> > possible to make them work.
>>
>> I'm not so sure about that, but we'll see.  I should have some form of
>> canadian stuff working again shortly.
>
>You're unsure it would be possible to make them work of that its not
>worth the effort?

Tom?

Yesterday evening i was building a pristine master reference again and
saw that mpfr et al are (still) pretty outdated.
AFAIR i cannot mix BBCLASSEXTEND vs. old-fashioned recipes for one
package (didn't try if that's still true) so i'm, again, running into
the issue of what to do with older toolchains needing that canadian
stuff. I'm not too jazzed about the idea to touch the old toolchains
just because i want to have current gmp/mpc/mpfr/gcc (using CLASSEXTEND
nativesdk). So, how to proceed?

cheers,