[oe] Broken recipes

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun May 30 13:14:10 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,

> Can someone tell me the reason for keeping broken recipes in the tree?

Define 'broken'; some packages only build for a certain combination of $MACHINE and $DISTRO,
and sometimes perhaps even $OUT_OF_TREE_OVERLAY.

If a package is definitely broken, we should move it to 'broken' (if there is still
any interest in it), or remove it altogether. Most of the time it's maintainers disappearing
and who knows when or if they will appear again, so why annoy them by removing the recipe?

There's also lack of manpower to throw into the equation.

Which concrete recipes do you mean? I'd agree with removing a dozen of openmoko ones
for distributions that noone works on any longer (i.e. Openmoko 2007.2 and Openmoko 2008),
but please tell me exactly which ones.

Cheers,

:M: