[oe] testing branch 2010-10-29

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:38:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 11:37:25AM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/11/1 Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>:
> You might want to extend your grep to DEPENDS lines.
> Then again this is not trivial if DEPENDS is split over multiple lines
> and the package same is something that occurs lots of times outside
> the depends var.

Yes this was really just stupid test to find those, before using it in
docs it should be improved or someone has much better way to detect
those..

> In the case where you encounter a depends issue, I hope you also fix
> DEPENDS (but actually I'm pretty sure you will :-) )

Well this DEPENDS depends :) on what is expected from distribution, IE
python DEPENDS have
${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'tk', 'tk', '', d)}
because not all distributions should be forced to build python with tk
support, but there isn't IIRC
EXTRA_OECONF += "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'tk', '--enable-tk', '--disable-tk', d)}"

so even if your distro doesn't have tk in DISTRO_FEATURES then it gets
autodetected as available if you build tk laterbecause of some other
recipe depending on it unconditionaly.

In the end every feature which is autodetected in configure should be
forced enabled or disabled in recipe to correspond with DEPENDS.

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com