[oe] testing branch 2010-10-29

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:07:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Second question - is there any sense to clean/restore $TMPDIR between
>> building of different images (x11-image/opie-image) but same machine &
>> distro?
>
> Not really. This has been discussed on the list and it was felt ok
> build different testing recipes/images for the same machine/distro
> without cleaning.
> Inbetween cleaning will not help too much and takes quite some time.
> it seems a good plan to mention that you did not clean inbetween (e.g.
> by saying in same target-image cell that you did x11-image and
> opie-image)

Agreed, I think it is most important to start clean with every cycle,
but I do not think it is necessary to remove TMPDIR between building
combinations.  As Koen mentioned, doing an incremental build before
cleaning and building is a good idea.

Thanks,
Cliff