[oe] testing branch 2010-10-29

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:19:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> On 31-10-10 22:03, Yuri Bushmelev wrote:
>> 2010/10/29 Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com>:
>>> testing-next is ready for clean builds.  I'm still working on my
>>> process to get this branch created automatically--thanks for your
>>> patience.
>>
>> I have joined to testing initiative with:
>>
>> DISTROS="angstrom-2008.1 minimal"
>> MACHINES="tosa collie akita efikamx ben-nanonote qemux86 qemuarm"
>> IMAGES="x11-image opie-image"
>>
>> Test-builder will build every image for every machine for every distro
>> from list.
>> Every build will be started with clean $TMPDIR for now at least
>
> I mentioned this at OEDEM as well, only doing clean builds hides upgrade
> path type of bugs (e.g. libcdio5 -> libcdio). It would be nice if an
> incremental build going from testing-prev to testing-next would be done
> as well before tagging.

Good idea--I agree this would be good to do where possible, as it
would not cost much, and help us identify issues.  The main focus of
current testing is to identify good starting points for new users, or
people just looking for a build-able snapshot, so clean builds are
where we started.  I'll add a note to the wiki to build incremental
builds first if possible.  Based on the feedback of people doing the
actual testing work, perhaps it will make sense to do something else
in the future.

Thanks,
Cliff