[oe] testing branch 2010-10-29

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:23:40 UTC 2010

2010/11/1 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:
> On (01/11/10 19:49), Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> 2010/11/1 Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz>:
>> > Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> [2010-11-01 10:32:53]:

>> > No more columns please. I think, that I should receive a PhD just because I
>> > can update that table :-) It's pure rocket science...
>> >
>> > -- ynezz
>> >

>> Put the table in a spreadsheet?
>> I think google docs can be used to share access to a common sheet (but
>> not fully sure).
>
> Wiki has good support for tables.

Better than what we have now? The layout somewhat sucks. I'd rather
see it as a table while editing, due to the different width of the
fields used, it is at the moment fairly difficult to match your cells
with the column caption (especially if you are near the end of the
table).

>> Disadvantage of an incremental build is that you need to keep all the
>> tmp dirs around, which, at least for me, is probably prohibitive (I'll
>> verify this later)
>
> Disadvantage for you agreed but may not be for others who have space to keep the tmpdir
> and care about saving time on complete rebuilds or upgrade paths etc.

Oh yes, I fully agree, and I definitely do not want to stop anyone
from doing incremental builds.
The more diverse tests we do the more chance we have to find bugs.

FM