[oe] OpenEmbedded and the Yocto Project

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Tue Nov 2 22:11:48 UTC 2010

On 11/02/2010 03:00 PM, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>> I am one of the folks who has been working on the Yocto Project (my work
>> email is scott.a.garman at intel.com, IRC nick zenlinuxPDX). One of my primary
>> responsibilities to date has been setting up and maintaining our
>> Buildbot-based autobuilder.
>>
> Did you keep notes on how to setup such an autobuilder that you can
> share in order to easily scale up this effort?

Hi Leon,

Actually, we even have a script to help automate setting up Buildbot:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-autobuilder/tree/scripts/poky-setup-autobuilder

It's been slightly sanitized and may require some minor tweaks. Also,
we're planning on upgrading our Buildbot setup to 0.8.2 this month so
there will be further updates coming soon. I will likely break this
script up into master and slave setups, since Buildbot as of 0.8.1
allows slave-only installations, which I imagine will be quite handy for
OE testing volunteers.

In general, the poky-autobuilder repository has build and support
scripts we're using (again, sometimes sanitized and in need of minor
tweaks before you can run them yourself).

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-autobuilder/

Scott