[oe] Trouble compiling system-tools-backends

Zach Frey zach at znfrey.com
Wed Nov 3 03:10:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> > A question -- is the build supposed to be using the build host's
> automake,
> > or is it supposed to be using one from its downloaded toolchain?
>
> well automake is used from the contained versions. We use the version
> from native staging which
> is the version we build. The automake installed on your host is not
> used unless you do some stuff
> with assume provided.

From
$OEBASE/build/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/system-tools-backends-2.10.1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.12625

                        AUTOV=`automake --version |head -n 1 |sed "s/.*
                        automake --version
                        echo "AUTOV is $AUTOV"

As far as I can tell, this will pick up the host, not the contained version.

Tried to understand where this is spelled out in the recipe, but not seeing
it (afraid I'm new to this).

Thanks,
Zach