[oe] OpenEmbedded Release 2010.12 --- needs your help!

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:04:43 UTC 2010

Hello all,

at OEDEM we discussed the need for OpenEmbedded releases.

- OpenEmbedded releases are planned in certain months, so that we can
plan stabilization efforts in the future.
- Each release is a point release in time.
- A release is a candidate branch point for a stable branch (which can
be maintained by those who use it).
- The next release is planned 2010.12, more specifically December 1st.
That's only four weeks from now.
- The 2010.12 release is hand-picked from a recent testing branch.

Now that our testing team has the process in place to gather test
results, please consider to build your
favorite set of distro/machine targets using tinderbox, and report your results.

One requirement is to use bitbake 1.10, as the minimal requirement
will soon be 1.10 for the OpenEmbedded metadata.

Regards,
--
Leon