[oe] OpenEmbedded Release 2010.12 --- needs your help!

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:52:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 06:47:52PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 11:33:01PM +0100, Eric B?nard wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> - OpenEmbedded releases are planned to be time based and happen every 3
> >> month
> >> (quarterly), starting with the first one on December 1st.
> >>
> > - what about a "no major change" freeze period for 2-3 weeks before each
> > release to have a enough time to stabilize a little bit the beast ?
>
> I thought Leon kind of mentioned it in the first bullet point above, but
> probably not very clear. And yes, we definitely need a 2-3 weeks "feature
> freeze" period for stabilization. Thanks for pointing it out.

what about branching future release those 2-3 weeks ago and keep master
for active development?

I know it could lower number of people using this future release branch
during testing period before release, but still seems better then
pushing 3 weeks of commits from my local branch as soon as release is
branched and master open for new recipes again.

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com