[oe] Fwd: [SOLVED]Network init script error??

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Nov 9 18:47:25 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 08:39 PM, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> Looping in the OE developers list on the issue described below.
>
> It does indeed seem that the ifupdown package init is referencing
> /etc/network/ifstate (which doesn't exist) instead of
> /etc/network/run/ifstate.
>
> Mike's point about having the /etc/network/run directory linked to
> /var/run also seems like a good idea (so that ifstate would not
> persist after an unclean shutdown).

Fixing the script removes the state file before it is checked on boot,
so I do not think it is necessary to move the state file to a volatile
file system. I'm going to push the fix to the ifupdown package. There is
also ifupdown-ubuntu, but I am not sure who is using that. It references
/var/run/....

Philip