[oe] PREFERRED_PROVIDER issue/question

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:10:11 UTC 2010

2010/11/17 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks
> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So it seems to check PREFERRED_PROVIDER_mysql5 not (what I had
>> expected PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libmysqlclient)
>>
>> Questions:
>> Is this a bug somewhere?
>
> Usually sometimes one package provided something the other does not so
> they dont behave as drop in replacement. So make sure you find the
> differences between say mysql and mysql5 recipes
>
>> What should I do to pin my libmysqlclient?
>
> what you did is ok.

Yes but it does *not* work!
After doing so I *still* get:

NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime libmysqlclient
(mysql5, mysql)
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match libmysqlclient

That's why I was asking whether this was a bug somewhere.

>> Should we perhaps nuke the myql package ?
>
> if its not pinned thats an option.

frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/uclibc++$ grep -r
mysql ../../conf
frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/uclibc++$ grep -r
sql ../../conf
../../conf/distro/include/preferred-shr-versions.inc:PREFERRED_VERSION_postgresql
= "8.4.4"
frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/uclibc++$

There is no DEFAULT_PREFERENCE for it either:

frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/mysql$ ls
files		 mysql5		   mysql5_5.1.40.inc	    mysql-native_4.1.22.bb
mysql_4.1.22.bb  mysql5_5.1.40.bb  mysql5-native_5.1.40.bb
frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/mysql$ grep PREF *
frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded/recipes/mysql$

Best regards, Frans